I know, I know, you're tired of all this electronic music I'm pushing your way. You appreciate that my tastes are faultless, but you'd like something different to listen to.So rejoice! Today I offer you something new; something different; something indie.
Broken Social Scene (referred to as BSS from now on, because, to be frank, my poor fingers will get tired from writing their full name repeatedly) are a Canadian collective, who vary in size wildly from album to album, presenting the listener with all kinds of pleasant music. Lyrically and stylistically diverse, BSS are a band that are difficult to grow tired of.
With songs ranging from the gentle, repetitive and above-all super-distorted-girly-pop-voiced Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl to the harsh, injured epic It's All Gonna Break, BSS do their best to span a range of moods and styles, all centred around an indie-rock base. And they do so with aplomb. Thanks to their status as a collective, they enjoy a wide variation in instruments and vocalists amongst their songs, and part of the joy of listening to their music is the knowledge that you never know what's going to come next.
But enough hyperbole. If you have even a passing interest in indie, pop or rock music, you have to listen to Broken Social Scene. Hell, even if you don't have an interest at all, give them a go.
And by 'a go', I don't mean one song. I mean a collection of their songs. As stated, each of their songs is distinct from the next, so they deserve that you listen to a number of them.
Find out more about them here.
You need them more than you imagine.
Go now.
No comments:
Post a Comment